Monday, March 30, 2009

I may have epilepsy

I thought I had died and came back.

This morning at 630am, I woke up and was preparing to go to work. I was brushing my teeth and felt very giddy, my mom gave me a chair and asked me to sit down, I continues to brush my teeth but the heaviness of the head was too much to bear. I placed my head down and I fainted. I heard my mum calling for my husband and the rest was a blank. When I fought to reagin consciousness, I saw stars, bright spots, and a circle. I was out for around 5-10 mins.

I knew I was breaking out in cold sweat, and I was very scared.

My husband told me that I was shivering and my hands and legs were trembling and shaking. I went to my GP and he suggest neurological tests to rule out epilepsy. I need to be seen by a neurologist for EEG and CT scans. I used to have fainting spells when I was in my teens. That will cost me alot of money. I had to call my boss as my hubby was the one who called earlier to inform that I fainted. Epilepsy is another taboo illness. I really don't think I can keep this job for long.

I have worked out the total cost to be $ 600. My illnesses are getting too expensive. I have left a msg for my psychiatrist and am waiting for him to call.

My earliest neuro appt is on the 28 Apr 09. That's long time to wait and I'm paying private rate in a hospital.

No comments: